Flint federal building and u.s. courthouse
600 Church street, flint, mi 48502
The Flint Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse was originally constructed in 1931 to house the U.S. Post Office. In 1954 Flint was authorized by statute as a place of holding court for the Northern Division of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. A new federal courtroom and chambers, occupying the first floor of the vacated post office space, was dedicated in 1962. The building was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 2013.